I see many organizations put money into creating products and services without thinking about who their target customer/dream customers are and how they can reach us.
Every year, tens of thousands of business start but they don’t understand one still that is:
the art of science of getting customers to their business
To find out your your dream customers, we will focus on 2 main things:
- Who is your dream customer?
- Where are they congregating?
Who is your dream customer?
You have to become obsessed with your dream customer(target audience in marketing). The companies who are obsessed only with their products and services will fail.
You should know your dream customer’s pain points, fears, what keeps them awake at night, what they need etc.
The 3 core market/desires
When people purchase a product from anywhere, they are hoping to get a certain result in these 3 core markets:
So the question you have to ask yourself is: Which of these 3 desires is my dream customers trying to receive when they buy my product/service?
Moving away from pain / Moving toward pleasure
Now that you have identified which core desire your product/service is focused on, Now the next step to entering the minds of target customers to understand which direction they are moving.
Moving away from pain: The first direction people can be moving is away from pain.
Let me show you some examples.
Health (moving away from pain)
- I’m obese I feel uncomfortable in clothes.
- I don’t have energy, I feel tired all the time.
Wealth (moving away from pain)
- I hate my job and I want to resign.
- I have no money saved, and I am scared of losing the job
Relationships (moving away from pain)
- I’m in a bad relationship and I don’t know to how to end it.
- I feel alone and I need to experience meaningful relationship.
Moving towards pleasure: The second direction people want to go is towards pleasure. They don’t have a health, wealth or relationship desire because they are unhappy! They have a desire because they want more. Let me show you the example for each desire.
Health (moving toward pleasure)
- I want to get six-pack abs.
- I want to be able to run a race.
Wealth (moving toward pleasure)
- I want to buy my dream mobile or house.
- I want to grow my company so I can have more impact.
Relationships (moving toward pleasure)
- I want more passion and love in my relationships.
- I want to spend more time with my friends and family.
Hope you learnt strategies to find your target customers for your marketing.
If you have any questions, comment below.